OK, GreytBlackDog tagged me to spill the beans and tell everyone six things they don’t know about me. I found the exercise very difficult, but also kind of fun. Here goes:
- I’m neurotic about planning. Whenever I do anything new or different, I read obsessively and plan every detail beforehand. For example, before any trip we take I buy at least 3 books about the area and obsess about where to stay etc. I know exactly how may miles lie between each destination, what activities are available everywhere, and where the best places to eat are located. My sister on the other hand, just wings it. She says I’m crazy and they have a good time too – without obsessive planning. She thinks part of the fun is figuring it out you go. Probably, but I’d be miserable if, for example, I went to Disney World and without planning the best order to hit each attraction in order to minimize line waiting time. OK, maybe I do suffer from a mild form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder!!
- My house is exploding with books. I love to read, which is a major contributor to the problem. Also, my obsessive planning is a big contributor. I love to haunt the aisles at The Book Nook. It’s a great place where, for just a few dollars, you can find used books about anything. It’s impossible for me to resist picking up books about places that I might just want to visit someday, or hobbies that interest me, but I’ve not tried. I can’t ever bring myself to get rid of any of them either. So, if you ever need a book on anything from travel, to photography, to growing roses, just ask me. I might have one. Problem is my collection is very poorly organized, so I might not be able to find it.
- I read a lot of junk. Everything I read, in fact most of what I read, isn’t teaching me anything or expanding my mind. I love to read junk. Things like trashy romantic novels and suspenseful detective stories.
- I’m really very, very, shy. Most people who’ve been around me much don’t believe it because, once you get me started talking, I don’t shut up. But it’s very hard for me to come into a new situation. I guess I always feel like everybody else knows more than I do about just about everything.
- In my teens and early twenties, I did a lot of rock climbing, camping, and hiking. In recent years, my idea of camping out has been the Holiday Inn – but I think that’s about to change. My son has been bugging me to take him camping and we recently spent a week-end at a campsite in
North Georgia. I had a blast. How many dogs can you fit in a tent?
- I love liver and onions. OK, I know most of you are running for the barf bags, but I really do love it; it’s my dirty secret.
So there you go.