Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Meme Madness....

There’s no question that I love meme’s!! First of all, they give me something to write about when I’m stumped – or when I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to think hard enough to come up with a reasonably clever topic. Also, I like reading them when they’re posted by my blog buddies because they help me get to know you a little better. I stole this one from Miscellanea (thanks Kathy). It was particularly hard for me though – really made me use my noodle. You try coming up with the right answers when they have to start with Z. People with names like Ann have it easy.

Ann and Andy are archeologists and wear apricot aprons while allowing apple martinis to be abandoned in the abbey.


The object is to answer each question, The catch is the answer must start with the same letter as your name. So here goes:


  1. What is your name? Zan
  2. A four-letter word: zany
  3. A boy's name: Zeus
  4. A girl's name: Zena
  5. An occupation: zeppelin pilot or zookeeper
  6. A color: zebra striped (OK I’m stretching it – you think of a z color)
  7. Something you wear: zinnias - you know –flowers in your hair
  8. A food: zucchini
  9. Something found in the bathroom: zinc oxide
  10. A place: Zululand
  11. A reason for being late: zipped past your street
  12. Something you shout: Zounds!
  13. A movie title: “Z”
  14. Something you drink: Zinfandel
  15. A musical group: ZZ Top
  16. An animal: zebra (OK I cheated and used zebra twice - you think of another animal that starts with a z)
  17. A street name: Zephyr Way
  18. A type of car: Zimmer
  19. The title of a song: Zipity Do Dah
  20. A verb: zoom

If you read this, and feel like continuing to spread this particular meme virus, have at it!

6 comments:

Alex said...

Ok, I'll play, though, I am one of those "A" people..:-)

Zorilla - a carnivorous mammal of the weasel family. (related to a skunk). No I did not know that, I "googled it", but it's nice to learn something new every day:-)

Zan said...

Oops!! I wasn't picking on you Alex :-)!

I almost used my "real" name (Elizabeth) to make this game easier, but decided to go with the Z thing to see what I could come up with (sorry Addie - grammar faux pas). I learned that Z is a french language film made in 1969, and there is actually a small car manufacturer call Zimmer Motor Cars in Syracuse, NY. Who knew!!

Thanks for the tip on the Zorilla!! I'm going to have to file that one away for future trivia games. Blogging really does expand your mind.

Alex said...

Zan,
no worries- I was just teasing, though "A" was indeed much easier than "Z"!
We know another "Zan" but her "real" given name is Suzannah. :-)
For a "Z" movie- I would have had to go for "Zoolander"- your choice is far more sophisticated :-)

Maria Peters said...

My oh my what a wonderful day!

Heather said...

Now that was impressive, Zan. Also, I like that you use Zan instead of Elizabeth. That's way cool!

IHateToast said...

i'm a k name. not as hard as z or q, but not easy.

at least you get lots of good shouts (zounds! zoinks! zipity...).

what is a z colour? man.