Monday, May 5, 2008

The Winner of the Old Mill Stakes and Recipient of the Old Mill Cup is........the Pharaoh Hound - Rosemary!!!!!


Rosie and I had an awesome weekend. The Old Mill Stakes is an ASFA lure coursing event and has been run the first weekend in May for the past twelve years. There is no daily Best in Field, but each day's Best of Breed is eligible to run in Best in Event on Sunday if they run both Saturday and Sunday. Rosie won Best of Breed Saturday and came in second on Sunday for the Pharaohs. Her run in Best in Event was spectacular. She soundly beat the competition and is the first Pharaoh to have won the Old Mill Stakes. The perpetual trophy is a huge. It's a fancy silver cup on a large wooden base with the names of all the previous winners engraved on the base.

I was so proud of my little rescue hound I almost cried. Goofy I know, but she's come a long way from the county animal control.

Speedy and Sugar were both along for the ride and I think enjoyed themselves. Speedy clearly wanted to chase the bunny too! He went nuts when the lure zipped by. I'm sorry I never coursed him when he was young enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rosie...color co-ordinated---on her Pharaoh Hound thrown!!!