Sunday, January 13, 2008

OK. Getting old sucks!!

Or rather, watching your mom get old sucks. My mom is wonderful, I really like spending time with her, but recently noticed that although I call her almost daily, I don't see her all that much. We live in the same town, but it seems like life gets in the way. Don't get me wrong, she keeps herself busy. She's a Bridge addict and plays in games and tournaments all over the place. She's recently started playing online. I feel bad for her because since my dad died a few year back, she can't always fine a regular, reliable partner. I'm no help because I don't know Bridge the card game from the kind of bridge you drive over.

She's having some mobility problems lately that I'm afraid will eventually make getting out on her own hard. She has no endurance, and she's begun using a rascal to scoot around the grocery store. Although she never complains, she really needs a knee replacement and foot surgery, but is putting it off. I know she gets lonely at home at night. She always accepts any invitation for dinner or a visit quickly.

New Years Resolution - spend more time with my mother....

No comments: