Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Is it Time???

If it's not time now, it will be soon unless Sugar's pain improves.

Pain is a terrible thing…especially when no one knows its source. Sugar continues to fight neck pain and I’m about to give up on its resolving itself as it has in the past. We added yet another drug to her pain med arsenal last week, but it hasn’t helped much. She had a very bad night last night, and I’m wondering if it’s time. I don’t want to give up on her too soon, but I don’t want her to suffer unnecessarily. It would be easier if I knew why she hurts, but I don't. It would be easier if I knew whether and how soon she might feel better, but I don't.

The last month has been a rough for her and for us. Some days she seems better - not great mind you - but better. Those days give me hope that she is beginning to improve. Then there are the bad days, we're having one of those today, when I wonder if there is really any hope of true improvement. Am I just being selfish - wanting to keep her with me?



No comments: