Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Surprise!!!.....Go, dog. Go!!!

Wheeler and I went on a mini trip last week. I call it that because Rob wasn't with us. We went to the beach for a week. We had a good time, but it would have been better if Rob had been there.

I learned an important lesson on the trip though. Forty something moms should not ride a banana boat with teen age boys. One afternoon, Wheeler and I decided to pony up a little money and take such a ride. On the banana were Wheeler and I as well as two boys about Wheeler's age. Now just think about the dynamics of this for a minute. The object of the game as far as the boys were concerned was to fall off as many times as possible. Forty something moms want to stay on said banana to avoid the embarrassment of having the others watch her struggle back on. Somehow, teen age boys can simply hop back on.... a little harder for mom. Also, they took great delight in helping mom fall off...all in good fun of course...:-)!! Sorry, no pics of me hoisting myself onto the banana!!

After my banana adventure, Rob forwarded me an email with this picture of Rosie attached. A friend, who is a graphics artist, worked his magic on a picture taken of Rosie when she got one of the legs of her JC last spring. He's really very talented and I'll treasure it. Thanks Kirby!!!

No comments: