Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tagged!! The Saga of the Everlasting Doughnut


First I have to explain the background to this tale. There is, or was, a box of doughnuts that has been passed around among the members of Georgia Team Pharaoh for more than a year now. It started when someone tucked what was left of the morning’s munchies in Brianna’s car after some event. Her passion for doughnuts is well known!!. Apparently, they stayed in her car for quite a while, and still looked ready to eat. They were so hard, you’d break a tooth on them, but there was not one speck of mold to be found. They were perfectly preserved. Kind of a scary thought if you’d actually eaten any of the original doughnuts. What did they put in them to preserve them for so long?

That box of stale doughnuts became sort of a boobie prize to be secretly or creatively pawned off on an unsuspecting victim – sort of like a hot potato. They even made an appearance at the Pharaoh Hound Nationals back in October and were presented to Brianna as an award for being the Raw Food Educator of the Year. I’m sure I don’t have the back story exactly right. I know my Pharaoh phriends sometimes read this blog so please feel free to comment and set the story straight.

Anyway, I guess I need to explain why I'm telling this pastry adventure story here. I got to the coursing field Saturday ready to set up camp and was presented with a very nicely wrapped present from my friend Bekki. I should have suspected something when she made me open the package then and there. I’m sure you can guess what it contained. Yep, the original donuts have now finally gone to the great dustbin in the sky, but have been lovingly and creatively replaced with the toy pictured here.







Now I’ve got the doughnut and I’m already plotting it’s next adventure. You guys watch your backs!!


3 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I know, I try to beat Brianna to all of the agility trials just so I can get a doughnut. She'll eat them all!.... Just kidding, Brianna :-). I like bagels better anyway.

Jen

Heather said...

um, is that a doughnut for your bum? has it been used? LOL. that's awesome.

Zan said...

Actually, it's a small dog toy - though you can't tell the size from my photo. You've given me an evil idea though :-)!