Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tis the Season...

Ok, it’s not Christmas yet, but it sort of felt like it to me this week end. I’ve really been looking forward to lure coursing with Nick since I got him and also couldn’t wait to get back to the field with Rosie. The Southeastern Greyhound Club hosted the ASFA National Greyhound Specialty on Saturday and an all breed trial on Sunday. We couldn’t make it Saturday, but were there bright and early for roll call on Sunday. Rosie and Nick were entered, Rosie in open and Nick in singles.

The field at Bear Creek Farm in Moreland is one of the nicest around. I was really excited about seeing Nick run for the first time. Rosie, as usual, was chomping at the bit to have her turn. She started bouncing around as soon as she saw the crates go in the back of the van on Saturday afternoon. Nick didn’t know what was going on, but picked up on Rosie’s excitement.

Nick ran very well, especially for the first time out scoring a 154 in the morning prelim run. They did certifications at lunch, so he ran again, and certified. Now he can run in open at our next trial. I pulled him from finals in the afternoon, figuring that two courses in one day were enough for his first time out. He ran as beautifully when he certified as he did in the mourning, and most importantly, he seemed to love it.

Rosie also had a good day, taking first in open. She lost best of breed to a Pharaoh from Texas.

I don’t have any pics of them running, but will post some as soon as the photographer updates his site with this weekends pics and I can order a few. Gotta have pics of Nicks first outing. Dan Gauss from Shot on Site Photography was there, and I’m sure took a few I won’t be able to resist. I didn’t look on Sunday as there were too many others in front of me gathered around his computer. I’m way to impatient to wait long, especially when I know I can see them later on-line. I also think I buy less when I wait until I’m at home alone and can think about exactly how much I’m spending.

Here’s a shot of my crew in the back of the van.



And a couple of them after we got home. Two exhausted, but happy, hounds.


3 comments:

Patti said...

Yea, it was a fun, fun weekend. So glad to have met you in person, too. That Nick is a fantastic runner. Can't wait to see him run again. You guys going to the CHASE trial?

Zan said...

It was good to meet you in real life too!! Yep, we're planning to be at the CHASE trail. See you then.

Heather said...

I'm so glad Nick loved the bunny. Isn't it awesome that they just know what to do. Isn't it even more awesome to see them all tuckered out that evening? :) See you at CHASE!