Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Zoomy Man and the Wild Child.....

Nick is fine. Three doses of Pancur and some metronidazole (sp) and Nick is much better in the poo department. Also, he doesn't look like he's lost any more weight since last Wednesday when we went to the vet. He may even have gained a pound. In fact, he looks pretty good to me. He also acts like he feels better - not that he ever acted like he felt bad, but he's much more animated that he was. I guess I'd be less energetic if my guts where in a knot!!

I've got to get some action shots of Rosie and Nick careening around the house and yard. My father in law's house, which I guess is our house now since his death a couple of years ago, has about three quarters of an acre fenced. The yard is built into a hill. The dogs love to run in a big circle up and down the hill. Rosie, being the wild child, instigates rambunctious chase games up and down the hill and into the wooded, un-landscaped (read wild and out of control) part of the yard. There are several large boulders at the top of the hill that she delights in jumping on top of and sort of lording over Nick. He barks at her - I can see her laughing at him. Silly greyhound, can't you even climb a rock. Nick, on the other hand, isn't sure why you'd want to climb on top of a rock when there's plenty of room to run in rock free zones.

I haven't been able to get any good pics of their antics mostly because they're both a lot faster than me. Rosie is really enjoying having a buddy her own age that she can play with. I'm liking watching them together. They are so different - sort of like fire and ice.

5 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Glad his poo is looking better :-).

Jen

Zan said...

Jen- He's not perfect, but better. Thanks for the suggestions!! I think I'll keep on with the digestive enzymes awhile. At least until he's off the metronidazole and eating a wider range of food.

Debbie (Emma's mom) said...

Such a cute story! Hope you can post a video soon. ;-) Glad your baby's tummy is feeling better and the weight is going in the other direction.

Debbie (BB's Movin On)

Zan said...

Thanks Debbie!! You're right - gotta video them :-).

Heather said...

Rosie is a mountain dog! I knew it. LOL.

You know it's a funny thing about greyhound people, you can sit around at a dinner party and talk about the weirdest things - poo, gas, puke, etc., and it is totally acceptable.