Sunday, November 23, 2008

It Was A Beautiful Fall Day....

Actually, we had two beautiful fall days in early November for the CHASE Veteran’s Day field trial at Old Mill Farm in Cartersville. I’m finally getting around to posting about the weekend. The field was neither too hard nor too muddy, and the air was crisp, but not cold. As an extra bonus, the leaves were about at the peak of their fall color, making for really nice pictures. Both Rosie and Nick ran well. Nick especially so on Saturday when he placed second out of four greyhounds. Not bad for his first weekend out. Lee Gearhart of Uma Rapiti Photography was there taking pictures and got some good ones of both Nick and Rosie. Here’s Nick running with the greytblackdog on Saturday.



And here's another of him running alone.



Saturday also went well for Rosie. Four Pharaoh Hounds were there and Rosie placed third. I can’t complain about that one bit. Her buddy Reign, who placed second Saturday and first on Sunday, earned his ASFA Field Championship that weekend. I love watching her run; she alway has such a ball!!




On Sunday, Nick didn’t run as well. I think he was still tired from Saturday, but he’s still new at lure coursing and two days in a row of vigorous running is tough. Rosie clearly wasn’t tired on Sunday, (she’s like the Eveready bunny), and managed a second place finish.

The best part, and really the most important part, of lure coursing is the fun and satisfaction the hounds get from it. Also, they snooze so peacefully after a weekend of running.


5 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

What a face, Nick :-). Love the dirt being kicked up in the first picture.

Jen

Addie said...

Fantastic pictures! I love Nick's face, too. Sounds like so much fun and a great day.

Addie

Patti said...

Awesome pics! I have some cool ones picked out as well but haven't purchased them yet. Hopefully this week. Hey, are you guys coursing this weekend in Calhoun?

Zan said...

I liked that tired Nick face too! He kind of looks like a drunk ostrich ;-).

Patti-we're planning to be in Calhoun Sat and Sun. How about you?

Patti said...

Hey Zan. I'm planning to course Lucy on Saturday. Unlike when I was campaigning Sugar in 2005, I usually only course Lucy one day a weekend, unless we are out of town. I guess Calhoun could technically be considered out of town, but we'll be there only on Saturday. I'll see you there. I was hoping another Greyhound person was going to be there! :)